As the days get colder and the nights longer, you may be spending less time in outdoor pursuits and more time reflecting, thinking and worrying. In the October gloom, (perhaps especially as Halloween approaches), fears may rise to the top of your thoughts.
According to a recent Gallup survey, 55% of Americans worry “a great deal” about healthcare. In fact, the availability and affordability of care have topped the list of things people worry about for five straight years, and Americans have included healthcare on their list of big worries for all 18 years that the survey has been conducted. While other issues have gone up and down, healthcare has held steady across the years as a major point of concern.
If you are one of the many people who worry about healthcare, read on to learn how Overlake is improving availability and affordability.
- Quick access to care. Our emergency department wait times are posted on our website, and you can get in line at any of our six urgent care locations online, before you arrive.
- Support and education. Check out our many free or low-cost classes and support groups on topics ranging from childbirth to diabetes, dementia and mental health.
- Financial assistance. Worried about medical bills? Overlake offers financial assistance to qualifying low-income patients.
- Health insurance information. Confused by health insurance or Medicare? Overlake’s financial counselors are available to help you.
- Cost estimates. Want to know in advance what your care will cost? Overlake can provide you with cost estimates for imaging services, cardiology tests and outpatient surgery.
- Regional and national awards for quality and safety. Concerned about hospital safety? Overlake has a stellar record, with “A” grades from Leapfrog, an independent rating agency, for 13 out of the last 14 reporting cycles, and is the only hospital in Seattle-Bellevue-Everett this year to achieve the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award.
- Other questions or concerns? Visit overlakehospital.org or call 425.688.5000.
Armed with information, you can enjoy the season with only the little goblins on your front porch to spook you.