The blue-fenced construction zone on Overlake’s campus will soon become a state-of-the-art facility housing our new Childbirth Center. The excitement among staff, providers and especially future Eastside moms is building as the structure begins to take shape. Overlake’s world-class care in a beautiful, brand new center? Yes, please.
That’s why this year’s Bandage Ball is all about the babies. In the nearly 60 years we’ve been serving the Eastside, we have welcomed thousands of little ones, and we plan to keep on delivering. With the help of our generous community, we aim to raise $1.5 million to help bring the new Childbirth Center—opening in 2020—into the world.
The new Childbirth Center will feature:
- Larger rooms with plenty of space to welcome family members who want to share in the joyful moments. Modern families are much more involved in the birth process than they have been in the past. Our new center accommodates and celebrates them.
- Expanded space within the Childbirth Center for emergency care of pregnant women.
- Dedicated rooms for moms-to-be on medically supervised bedrest.
- Mom and baby care clinic, with breastfeeding support, well-baby/mom visits and baby care classes, all integrated into the new center. When new families get the support they need, babies get off to a great start.
- Comfortable, homelike environment with advanced medical support whenever needed.
Because the Childbirth Center will be the beneficiary of the Bandage Ball, the interest from sponsors and attendees has been strong. From buying tickets to reserving tables, bringing friends and donating fabulous auction items, our community is revved up for this May 4 event.
Tickets are still available! To learn more and reserve your spot, vist bandageball.org.
Overlake Medical Center is a 501c3 nonprofit organization with a mission to provide compassionate care for every life we touch. To learn more about how the community supports us, please visit overlakehospital.org/support.