Life can get busy. But, you can benefit from even small amounts of moderate activity throughout the day. Regular physical activity can significantly lower your risk for cancer, heart disease and diabetes, and can reduce weight and stress levels, improve sleep and help maintain strong bones and muscles.
The American Cancer Society suggests these simple substitutions:
- Take the stairs rather than an elevator.
- Walk or bike to your destination.
- Take a 20-minute exercise break to stretch or take a walk.
- Walk to visit coworkers instead of sending an email.
- Use a stationary bicycle or treadmill while watching TV.
Always look for opportunities to be active throughout your day!